We're looking for an eager to learn back-end developer. Someone who understands that merely getting something up and running isn't enough, but that solutions should be readable, maintainable and tested as well.
You'll work from our office in Antwerp. We are not looking into remote work or relocation at this point. Knowledge of Dutch is mandatory.
You understand that a well-built website requires a blend of engineering, appearance, speed, usability, content and structure. You're meticulous and can finish something to the last detail.
Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn are of more importance than your previous educational trajectory. When it comes to your craft, you like to stay on top of things. When in doubt, you're an expert at navigating around Google. You're an independent problem-solver, yet not too modest to look for help when necessary.
You have a mindset for thinking in components and have an affinity for open source.
You realize that a client won't always share your vision.
You'll be part of an experienced team with variation in clients and projects.
You'll have sufficient space for experimentation and self education, and an allowance for trainings and conferences. You'll have a hand in open source projects that are being used worldwide.
The atmosphere is unconstrained; this doesn't mean teambuilding and paintball in the week-end.
We don't value hierarchy much. Despite a proven methodology, we are open for every input from your part.
- A fulltime position with a competitive salary
- A budget for trainings & conferences — home & abroad
- Modern hardware: a new SSD laptop & shiny smartphone with a sufficient cell phone plan and internet at home
- A compensation for your transportation expenses
- An open office in Antwerp with good music but no annoying radio
- A monthly Italian lunch with the team
- Strong knowledge of modern PHP
- Experience with relational databases
- You know your way around git branches
- Terminal feels like home and you know most common UNIX/Linux commands
- You're a good communicator and prefer working on a team
- You're a quick learner
- You can work from our office in Antwerp, Belgium
- Experience with Laravel
- An alive and kicking GitHub account to show off with
- A sizeable list of articles in Pocket or your prefered RSS reader
- A stuffed iTunes library
We have been designing solid websites and crafty applications since 2004.
We adapt websites for smartphones & tablets, or kick it up a notch and build an app that's beyond smart.
In the past, we have worked with Sony Pictures, Sony PlayStation, Proximus, Telenet, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Vrije Universiteit Gent, Kind & Samenleving, Polkadots, Flux50, Krauthammer, Easy Life, Bodart Service House, Balie Antwerpen, Barreau de Bruxelles, Allard Europe, My Agrafa, Bureau Bouwtechniek, Real Impact Analytics, Rondpunt, Vrijwilligerswerk Vlaanderen, Overleg Kunstenorganisaties, Karel De Grote Hogeschool, Mutsy, Frans Masereel Centrum, Wim Delvoye, …