* The filesystems on which to store added files and derived images by default. Choose
* one or more of the filesystems you've configured in config/filesystems.php.
*/'default_filesystem' => 'public',
* The maximum file size of an item in bytes.
* Adding a larger file will result in an exception.
*/'max_file_size' => 1024 * 1024 * 10,
* This queue will be used to generate derived images.
* Leave empty to use the default queue.
*/'queue_name' => '',
* The class name of the media model that should be used.
*/'media_model' => Spatie\MediaLibrary\Media::class,
* The engine that should perform the image conversions.
* Should be either `gd` or `imagick`.
*/'image_driver' => 'gd',
* When urls to files get generated, this class will be called. Leave empty
* if your files are stored locally above the site root or on s3.
*/'custom_url_generator_class' => null,
* The class that contains the strategy for determining a media file's path.
*/'custom_path_generator_class' => null,
's3' => [
* The domain that should be prepended when generating urls.
*/'domain' => 'https://xxxxxxx.s3.amazonaws.com',
'remote' => [
* Any extra headers that should be included when uploading media to
* a remote disk. Even though supported headers may vary between
* different drivers, a sensible default has been provided.
* Supported by S3: CacheControl, Expires, StorageClass,
* ServerSideEncryption, Metadata, ACL, ContentEncoding
*/'extra_headers' => [
'CacheControl' => 'max-age=604800',
* These generators will be used to create an image of media files.
*/'image_generators' => [
* Medialibrary will try to optimize all converted images by removing
* metadata and applying a little bit of compression. These are
* the optimizers that will be used by default.
*/'image_optimizers' => [
Spatie\ImageOptimizer\Optimizers\Jpegoptim::class => [
'--strip-all', // this strips out all text information such as comments and EXIF data'--all-progressive', // this will make sure the resulting image is a progressive one
Spatie\ImageOptimizer\Optimizers\Pngquant::class => [
'--force', // required parameter for this package
Spatie\ImageOptimizer\Optimizers\Optipng::class => [
'-i0', // this will result in a non-interlaced, progressive scanned image'-o2', // this set the optimization level to two (multiple IDAT compression trials)'-quiet', // required parameter for this package
Spatie\ImageOptimizer\Optimizers\Svgo::class => [
'--disable=cleanupIDs', // disabling because it is known to cause troubles
Spatie\ImageOptimizer\Optimizers\Gifsicle::class => [
'-b', // required parameter for this package'-O3', // this produces the slowest but best results
* The path where to store temporary files while performing image conversions.
* If set to null, storage_path('medialibrary/temp') will be used.
*/'temporary_directory_path' => null,
* FFMPEG & FFProbe binaries path, only used if you try to generate video
* thumbnails and have installed the php-ffmpeg/php-ffmpeg composer
*/'ffmpeg_binaries' => '/usr/bin/ffmpeg',
'ffprobe_binaries' => '/usr/bin/ffprobe',
By default medialibrary will store it's files on Laravel's public disk. If you want a dedicated disk you should add a disk to app/config/filesystems.php. This would be a typical configuration: